‘La Reina’ Raicilla – is a wild Agave Maximiliana spirit produced in the forests of Western Jalisco, approximately 4800 feet above sea level. This tequila has been produced by one single family for more than 105 years, passing the knowledge and traditions through generations.
'La Reina’ Raicilla Blanco is 100% Artisanal, it has double distillation, 42 alc. by vol / 84 proof ; the special edition has 53% alc. by vol.Available for delivery or pick-up at Edgar's Flavors. Pick-up date and time are arranged by email after purchase. Process:
- The agave Piñas are cooked in a clay oven and mashed by hand in wood trunks.
- Fermentation takes place in open air wood tanks. Distillation is done in stainless steel with copper coil stills.
'La Raina' participates in 3 unique sustainable programs:
1) Planta una Reina : Every year in May, with the help of a volunteers group, the producers plan 10,000 agaves. Planting an agave today will yield your Reina in 8 years.
2) Sonrisas de Papel (paper smiles) : A new project launched in 2020, using the bagazo (remaining fiber pulp) of the cooked and mashed agave, we are working with the government of Jalisco to create a small manual production to create agave paper, that will create job opportunities for women and increase local income from tourism.
3) Taberna ‘La Reina’ is the magical place, where ‘La Reina’ is made, in which we are developing tours so that visitors can live the experience, learn about the process and meet the family.
Xila (pronounced SHila) — meaning “woman” in Zapotec — is a unique recipe perfected by Mexican women, in a distillery run by strong, powerful women.
A unique agave Liquor made with Mezcal Espadín, defined by 7 notes : Ancho Chile, Hibiscus, caramelized pineapple, cinnamon, lavender, clove, and black pepper.
It is infused for 7 days, rested for 7 days and filtered for 7 days, using an espadín that takes 7 years to grow to full maturity.
Perfect neat, over ice, or in a cocktail, with only 20 % ABV.
Xila has twice less sugar than another regular liqueur.Available for delivery or pick-up at Edgar's Flavors. Pick-up date and time are arranged by email after purchase.
El Pachitas kit is created in collaboration with the best cocktail bars of Mexico City.
1. Brujas: “Xila Libre,” made with Xila, corn liqueur and white Rum
2. Hanky Panky: "Lidxi,” made with Xila, Tio Pepe and celery bitters
3. Handshake: “Chill out,” made with Xila, and ginger and lemon tea
4. Cafe Ocampo: “Aperitivo Xila," made with Xila, mezcal, tio pepe, vermouth and peychauds bitters
5. Ticuchi: “Agujeta rosa,” made with Xila, mezcal, white cacao liqueur, rose waterAvailable for delivery or pick-up at Edgar's Flavors. Pick-up date and time are arranged by email after purchase.